You are invited to our annual KIWANIS OKTOBERFEST ARTS AND CRAFTS FESTIVAL to be held in Peace Park, West Alexandria, Ohio on Saturday and Sunday, October 9 and 10, 2021. For registration forms, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A registration form must be completed and received by September 24, 2021.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT RESERVATIONS OR REQUESTS FOR A DISPLAY SPACE ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY, OCTOBER 10th AND 11th.
Display space fees
$70 Commercial (Products purchased for re-sale)
$45 Crafts (Crafts, Hand-made by you)
Price is for one space for both days
Electric is furnished within 20’ of booth space
$10 Extra for a corner space (1st come basis)
DISPLAY SPACE IS APPROXIMATELY 15' wide X 15' deep
CRAFT RESTRICTIONS AND INSTRUCTIONS
1. THIS IS A NON-JURIED DISPLAY/FESTIVAL The West Alexandria Kiwanis Oktoberfest is a non-juried arts and crafts show which is open to all true artisans, as space permits. Hand-made craft items to be sold must NOT be mass produced merchandise, brand named, or manufactured. They must be made mostly by the artist/craftsman in accordance with the definition of a true artisan/craftsman as defined by the Ohio Arts and Crafts Guild. You do not have to be a member of the Ohio Arts & Crafts Guild to participate in this show.
2. SET UP Participants may begin setting up Friday, October 8, 2021, after noon time. NO SOONER! In the event of soft ground due to wet weather, the Oktoberfest committee will assist in the setting up of trailers and may close the park to vehicles. The grass and ground are not to be damaged due to the spinning of vehicle tires. If you have a question, contact the Oktoberfest Chair or the Exhibits Chair.
3. PARKING All persons, after unloading, must IMMEDIATELY move their vehicle outside the park. Please unload and load your vehicles as quickly as possible to allow others into and out of the park. Parking at the back of, or anywhere in, the park is NOT allowed. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE HANDICAPPED AREA EVEN IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE. Save this space for your customers.
4. RIGHT OF REFUSAL/SUSPENSION The Kiwanis Oktoberfest Committee reserves the sole right to refuse, reject, cancel, suspend, or ask to leave, any exhibitor/participant whose display, craft, art, or merchandise offered for sale to the general public, is not, in the opinion of the Kiwanis Oktoberfest Committee, fitting or proper in keeping with the spirit of the Oktoberfest. Anyone asked to put away any improper merchandise and not offer it for sale shall do so immediately. Failure to comply will result in expulsion from the Oktoberfest and forfeiture of any fee paid. No literature can be distributed on the festival grounds, other than business cards, without the permission of the Oktoberfest Chair. Persons working in the booth shall confine their activities to the space rented. Any exhibit that is deemed, by the Oktoberfest Committee, to be offensive and/or is contrary to the community standards of decency and/or morality or would be unsuitable for minors will be asked to leave with no refund. No weapons of any kind are permitted at the park. Vendors/exhibitors shall not allow any exhibit other than their own to occupy any part of their space. (Sub-letting of space is NOT permitted). No part of the exhibits can be removed during the festival without special permission from the Festival Chair.
6. DISPUTES/COMPLAINTS/REFUNDS Any and all disputes or complaints should be brought to the attention of the Kiwanis Oktoberfest Committee who will resolve the dispute/complaint to the best of their ability. All decisions will be binding on the parties involved with no recourse whatsoever. NO refunds will be made to any no-shows. Refunds will be made for bonafide reasons up to September 22, 2017. No refunds will be made after that date.
7. LICENSES, PERMITS, ETC. All participants will secure and maintain any and all licenses, permits, etc. as required by any local, county, state, or federal governing law, or ordinance.
8. REFUSE & SANITATION All participants will be responsible for keeping their space clean and free of debris. Proper trash receptacles are provided about the park. All spaces will be cleaned up at the end of the Oktoberfest prior to the participant leaving the grounds. Failure to do so will result in your not being asked back next year.
9. SHOW HOURS The Oktoberfest officially kicks off at 10:30 A.M. on Saturday and ends at 7:30 P.M. on Saturday and 6:30 on Sunday Start-up time on Sunday begins at approximately 11:30 A.M. to show respect for those in attendance at local churches. Anyone dismantling their display before 6:30 P.M. on Sunday may forfeit their right to exhibit at future festivals.
10 HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT The West Alexandria Kiwanis Oktoberfest Committee shall accept NO risk, whatsoever, nor be held legally or otherwise responsible for any and all claims arising from the applicant's participation in the Kiwanis Oktoberfest. The applicant hereby releases the West Alexandria Kiwanis Club, the Kiwanis Club Members, the Kiwanis Oktoberfest Committee, the Village of West Alexandria and any of its elected officials, any and all volunteers, property owners, officials, assigns, or other parties representative of the Kiwanis Oktoberfest, or representing same, from any liability. This shall include loss of any product or property for ANY reason, including vandalism, damages of any kind, loss of business for ANY reason, etc., suffered by the applicant whether the Arts and Crafts table(s), display etc., is left attended or unattended, for any reason. Each applicant assumes sole and total responsibility for any and all claims brought by patrons, suppliers, employees, family, operators, management, including personal injuries of any kind sustained by the public, personally, or otherwise.